Friday, June 27, 2008

They can have my gun when they pry it from my cold, dead fingers

Yesterday the SCOTUS handed down a spectacular decision on the second amendment. This is only the second time they supreme court has head a 2nd Amedment case. They have now officially called the second amendment an INDIVIDUAL right.

I'm very happy with this decision. I was worried, epescially after they totally hosed the property rights decision recently (eminent domain).

I found it interesting listening to the various pro/con gun control groups talk about this ruling. The more extreme 'con' groups were all declaring that we were going to turn into the Wild West. Guess what dumbshits. The Wild West wasn't that wild. Learn your history. Most of time people were too busy trying to stay fed. The 'Wild West' wasn't nearly as carzy as Hollywood would have you believe. The extreme 'pro' group were of course stating they could now challenge every gun control law on the books. Yeah, right. Nice try. That is NOT what SCOTUS said. You still can't yell 'FIRE' in a crowded room and claim 1st Amendment.

My feelings are this: Guns should be regulated but not banned. PERIOD. We should keep violent criminals from having guns, I have no problem with assault weapons being outlawed. Sorry guys, there is NO reason to hunt with or use for self defence an Fully auto-AK-47. I also think a waiting period and background check is ok.

That is the kind of gun control I have no problem with.

Anyway, the SCOTUS made the USA a much safer country yesterday. Thanks you justices.



No law abiding citizen sho

No comments: