Thursday, March 20, 2008

Damn You Trey and Matt!

I am speaking to Trey Parker and Matt Stone the geniuses behind South Park and fun movies such as Orgazmo, Baseketball and Team America (Fuck Yeah!). I am speaking to you two. Damn you. Damn you for making me feel guilty last night after watching the newest episode of South Park.

Why, you ask, am I so mad at them? Well, I'll tell you why. Last nights episode centered around Britney Spears. I eagerly anticipated this episode thinking to myself that this girls recent behavior has to have given those guys some great new material.

The story starts out well. It's discovered by the media that some amateur photographer received 100,000 dollars for a photo of Britney peeing in the woods on a lady bug. It's then revealed that she is now hiding out in a South park motel. That's all the info the boys needed!

They hatch a scheme to get a shot of Britney doing something stupid and make some quick cash. They 'cleverly' get past Britney's manager and get into her motel room by saying they are her kids. Once Britney realizes it's not her kids but just another attempt to photograph her she eats the barrel of a shotgun. Cartman leaves immediately, Butters(disguised as a squirrel) leaves soon after. Stan and Kyle stand there utterly stunned.

Now it's starts getting dark..I'm talking about Pluto dark. Britney doesn't die. Even though her head from the lower jaw up is gone, she lives on(ewww).

I'm not going to detail the rest of the story because here is where Trey and Matt make what I think was the hardest hitting statement on society as a whole. I will summarize...

The rest of episode is about how the public and media basically don't care about the hurt they may be causing someone by hounding them 24/7 waiting for them to do the next boneheaded thing. In the show these people are so consumed with Britney they didn't realize she's blown the top of her head off.

Stan and Kyle realize this and try to help her by getting to a place where the crowds wont find her. They fail and she ends up dying at the end. Yeah, I skipped a lot of the typical South Park retardation in the show but that's the gist of it.

At the end of the show I sat there thinking to myself "Ok, I'm not trying to get my crops to grow but I certainly have been on a Britney watch too". Hell, she's currently number one on my dead pool. Not once did I stop to think about what she is actually going through. I guess it's hard to feel sympathy for someone who has basically everything and nothing at the something.

Sandy brought up a good point to me this morning. Being a mother she brought up post partum depression and how it can be very nasty. Not that either of us has any special insight into Britney's health but who does? Has anyone taken the time to actually investigate or are they too busy sucking up to her and feeding her booze and drugs to get her money?

She is a complete train wreck without a doubt. I still think a lot of her behavior was of her own doing and lack of brains. But now I also think, maybe, just maybe, there's more to it that what I see on Talk Soup.

So, here's to you Trey and Matt. Bite me for making me look in the mirror.

ps: Does Butters ever get released by animal control?

No comments: